Welcome to Fort Riley, Kansas

The Fort Riley Military Reservation is located in northeast Kansas between Manhattan and Junction City on the northern edge of the Flint Hills Region. About 71,000 of the installation's 101,000 acres are managed for multiple use. While the installation's primary mission is to be a Warfighting Center for America's army, it also provides an area where a variety of outdoor recreation activities can be pursued by both military personnel and the general public. Regardless of your preferred outdoor recreational activity, there are certain procedures that you must follow when you recreate on the installation. The restrictions have been established to ensure that neither the installation's mission nor your safety is jeopardized by your recreational use of the installation. For anyone wanting to recreate on the installation's Military Training Lands, the first steps are to create a Fort Riley iSportsman Account in the "My Account" tab at the top of this page.  After creating an account, view the mandatory 2023 Outdoor Recreation Briefing in "My Account". Next, please navigate the site to learn about the rules and all Fort Riley has to offer.  

2022-2023 Trapping Season

Trapping Season opens 16 November this year.  Fourteen trapping permits will be given out on a first come first serve basis.  Read the Fort Riley Trapping Facts Sheet for more information.  Click HERE for link to the trapping facts sheet. 

2023-2024 Fort Riley iSportsman Permit Renewal begins 28 December

You must hold a valid, free-of-charge 2023-2024 Fort Riley iSportsman permit before recreating in Fort Riley’s Training Areas.  Please go to the “My Account” tab on the website and log into your account.  Once logged in, go to the “My Safety Briefs” tab and the 2023 Outdoor Recreation Briefing will be available to select.  All individuals renewing or setting up new accounts will watch a 7 minute Recreational Overview video. Once complete, be sure to add the free permit to your “Cart” and complete the checkout session in order for the permit to be added to your account.  For technical difficulties or general questions, please contact the Fort Riley Environmental Office at 785-239-6211

Hunting/Fishing Licenses & Fort Riley Fuelwood Permits for 2022

The 2023 Fort Riley Hunting Access Permit can only be purchased through this website. That can be accomplished by logging into the "My Account" tab.  You can then select "Acquire Permits or "Available Permits" to purchase the 2022 Fort Riley Hunting Access Permit or a Fort Riley Fuelwood Permit. Note, you must watch the Outdoor Recreation briefing before these permits will become available.

Real ID Act Affects Visitors to Fort Riley (Click to open)