Fort Riley has many unique recreational opportunities to enjoy. Regulations are established to prevent interference with the army mission and to ensure the recreationist's personal safety. View the documents below to learn about specific recreational use regulations on Fort Riley.
All other state regulations are in effect unless specifically stated otherwise for Fort Riley land. For more information click the links below.
Firearms brought onto Fort Riley must be registered AND must be declared at Fort Riley's access gates. All firearm registrations can take place at the Visitor's Control Center, Building 885, right off exit 301, I-70, Marshall Army Airfield. The gun registration form can be downloaded from the list below, as well as guides/overviews to the registration process. Note: Do Not take Firearm(s) into Building 885, tell the guards you would like to register the firearm(s) that you have left in your vehcile.
Call 785-239-3080 for further information regarding registering your firearm.
Vehicles being used for recreation on the installation must have a Fort Riley Recreation Motor Vehicle Permit filled out and in the dash of their vehicle when recreating. The permit is available to print below or maybe picked up at any of the eleven information stations or the Environmental Division Office.
- Real ID Act Affects Visitors to Fort Riley
- Access Procedure Changes for North of Vinton School Road Fact Sheet
- Privately Owned Firearm Overview Slide
- Fort Riley Multiple Gun Registration Form
- Outdoor Recreation Brochure
- FR Regulation 210-15, Installation Hunting, Fishing, Trapping & Outdoor Recreation Regulations 20 JUNE 2014
- FR Reg 200-3 Fort Riley Forest Resources Disposal Program Feb 2010
- Fort Riley Recreation Motor Vehicle Permit
- FR Regulation 190-1, Control of Privately Owned Firearms, Weapons, Explosives & Ammunition, 17 DEC 2012
Fort Riley Outdoor Recreational Briefing Overview (Can be viewed by clicking, all recreationists will watch this video when they register for an iSportsman permit.)
Past Survey Results