Fort Riley has many unique recreational opportunities to enjoy. Regulations are established to prevent interference with the army mission and to ensure the recreationist's personal safety. View the documents below to learn about specific recreational use regulations on Fort Riley.
All other state regulations are in effect unless specifically stated otherwise for Fort Riley land. For more information click the links below.
Firearms brought onto Fort Riley must be registered AND must be declared at Fort Riley's access gates. All firearm registrations can take place at the Visitor's Control Center, Building 885, right off exit 301, I-70, Marshall Army Airfield. The gun registration form can be downloaded from the list below, as well as guides/overviews to the registration process. Note: Do Not take Firearm(s) into Building 885, tell the guards you would like to register the firearm(s) that you have left in your vehcile.
Call 785-239-3080 for further information regarding registering your firearm.
Vehicles being used for recreation on the installation must have a current Fort Riley iSportsman Permit printed out and in the dash of their vehicle when recreating. The permit is available after you have registered for an account and watched the current Outdoor Recreation Brieifng for the season.
- Real ID Act Affects Visitors to Fort Riley
- Access Procedure Changes for North of Vinton School Road Fact Sheet
- Privately Owned Firearm Overview Slide
- Fort Riley Multiple Gun Registration Form
- Outdoor Recreation Brochure
- FR Regulation 210-15, Installation Hunting, Fishing, Trapping & Outdoor Recreation Regulations 15 AUG 2018
- FR Reg 200-3 Fort Riley Forest Resources Disposal Program July 2017
- Fort Riley Recreation Motor Vehicle Permit (Changed to your current iSportsman Permit, click to read FR 210-15 updates)
- FR Regulation 190-1, Control of Privately Owned Firearms, Weapons, Explosives & Ammunition, 3 APR 2018
2018 Outdoor Recreation Safety Video (All recreationists will watch this video when they set up an iSportsman account or renew their iSportsman Permit for the season (Feb. 1 - Jan. 31)
2018 Deer Safety Video (All hunters wanting to deer hunt on the installation will watch this video prior to deer hunting. This video is posted here only for reference.)
ATV Safety Video (All ATV/Dirt Bike riders wanting to utilize the ATV area on the installation will watch this video prior to riding. This video is posted here only for reference.)
Past Survey Results